Your safety is our first priority.
Please follow these instructions when visiting Banksmeadow Recycling.
- Stay within 5m of your vehicle at all times
- Do not exceed a speed of 5km/h
- Follow the traffic controller’s instructions
- A hard hat and high vis vest are mandatory and can be provided
by our team if needed
- Exit via the wheel bath
- Mobile plant operation occurs throughout the site
- Do not obstruct neighbouring driveways
Emergency and pollution incident response
A. ASSESS (Site Supervisor/Driver)
1. Determine significance of incident.
2. Determine potential for escalation.
3. Assess risks.
4. Any impacts on people, environment, community, business stakeholders? If yes, contact the Compliance Team.
5. Is evacuation and / or site closure required? If yes, immediately clear the area.
6. Contact the Compliance Team.
7. Do you need to notify Emergency Services? If yes, contact Emergency Services.
B. NOTIFY (Site Manager)
8. Contact Emergency Services 000 (if not already contacted).
9. If risk to neighbours, contact all potentially affected persons – door to door.
10. Contact EPA 131 555.
11. Contact NSW Health Public Health Unit (business hours) 1300 066 055; OR
Contact NSW Health (after hours – contact closest hospital on duty public health officer as below)
– Camperdown (RPA) – 02 9515 6111
– Randwick (Prince of Wales) – 02 9382 2222.
12. Safe Work NSW 131 050.
13. Local Council – Bayside Council – 1300 581 299.
a. Fire and Rescue NSW – Emergency 000.
b. General enquiries – Damian Ryan 02 9316 6333 (non-emergency).
C. RESPONSE PLAN (Management Team (MT))
14. Contact GM Operations (GMO) – Damian Ryan – 0424 165 199.
15. If GMO not available, contact – Chief Development Officer – Brendan Martin – 0422 647 150.
16. Identify incident controller – Site Manager – Luke Miller – 0434 365 031.
17. GMO to activate the Management Team (MT) if required.
18. GMO to appoint stakeholder liaison.
19. Manage incident and ensure available resources until resolved.
D. MANAGE INCIDENT (MT / Site Manager)
20. MT to coordinate response to incident.
21. MT to liaise with Site Manager.
22. Site Manager to implement controls and risk mitigation (at direction of compliance team / authorities / Emergency Services if attending).
23. Implement communication protocols as per Crisis Communication Plan.
24. Inform and liaise with stakeholders.
F. INCIDENT INVESTIGATION (Compliance Team)
25. Implement SEQ incident reporting and investigation and associated procedures.
26. Prepare incident report.
27. Conduct debrief meeting with MT, Senior Management and relevant staff.
28. Implement corrective actions and update SEQ documents etc. as required.
G. CORRECTIVE ACTIONS
29. MT to review progress with corrective actions.
30. Update Risk Registers.
31. Review EPIRMP (within 30 days).
32. Implement corrective actions.
33. Review progress at MT meeting.